• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Face Help!

Winding Vines

Bluelighter
As I noted in my blog, I messed up my face.

I fell asleep with a mud mask on called "Aztec's Secret" which contains Calcium Bentonite Clay.

I now look like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer and a leper (I know exaggeration).

Its very bad, it looks like the mask ripped out some of my pores, red patches of rash all over my cheeks- my nose is the worst --where basically the pores look like pin pricks.

I need some help concerning what I can do to heal this catastrophe! Any at home tips?

1. Repair and remove redness
2. Heal these "rashey patches"
3. Help my pores be happy again

Thank you. :)

wow i have no idea, but i imagine eating lots of fruits rich in vitamin e would help, albeit not immediately.

if its painful take some ibuprofen. in fact, if you dont have any other sort of herbal remedy to counteract this, the quick solution is likely ibuprofen or any other sort of anti inflammatory/steroid you may have leftover from a prior script, or perhaps something like benadryl. i usually dont like taking unnatural chemicals but at the same time im not afraid to take one once in a while.

a hot shower, with as hot as water as u can take it on your face might help, once youre out of the shower and have cooled off (might take a lot of redness away).

im basically assuming your skin is inflamed. i really dont know tho. you could also try eating some anti inflammatory foods. easy to find with search (spices are typically anti inflammatory - put extra big slices of ginger on your sushi).

then smoke a big ass bowl. likely you wont care so bad a few minutes later ;)

(btw this is THE WOOD, want to say hi to you and MGS!)

^That can clog your pores...

I say jojoba oil and organic rosewater.

^ VCO doesnt clog pores if put on clean face ;)
Or it could just be me. I guess everybodys different..but I've always had good results with it!

Haha, gagi! Yes, it does, except if you have very fine pores. It's actually considered comedogenic. Some people I know can use it with no problem (usually the same people who can put lotion on their faces), but I break out whenever I put it, as also do some people.

You can try it out to see!

Hahaha my pores are so huge I can close them like venetian blinds ;) Joke!
But yes, I can put lotion on my fez!

I'd say to put pure aloe vera gel on your face several times a day, being sure not to use that colored green stuff which is full of questionable ingredients. Aloe is amazing for all kinds of skin issues, in a day or 2 it should feel significantly better =)

Ok, I have officially tried every balm, serum, paste, oil what-have you.

VCO, MCT oil, EVOO, Aloe, Honey, nettle, burt bees balm, lotions, of course my diet, oat meal face mask home made and so much more.

Its now a week later, and I have gone through 3 waves of break outs, peeling and redness.

The only things that seemed to help was this last effort with random stuff in my house (I already spent too much money with several failed attempts).

What helped:
Dr Bronners Lavender Castile Soap,
this weird Chinese Analgesic Healing Balm,
Vitamin E oil,
a herbal tincture from wish garden that was meant for strengthening and soothing gums? My rational was, well my face is so messed up what could it hurt? I mean if its safe enough to use on irritated gums?

Now to my own disdain I am using a benzoyl peroxide and some expensive healing serum to get rid of the insanely weird patches of acne.

And colored my hair red, so to camouflage behind my locks. LOL at least I still have nice hair.

Too bad it was the holidays --- I was contemplating throwing down a couple hundred for a face transplant.

;)

May 2010 be a beautiful one.
this lepers out. Thanks for the suggestions, I is the guinea pig.